Sunday, August 26, 2007

So...what have we been up to?

I am reading a book recommended by Kim titled Shopping for Time by Carolyn Mahaney and her girls. I had seen this book earlier and decided against it because of the subtitle 'How to do it all and not be overwhelmed'. I have no desire to do it all so I passed it by. But Kim's review of the first chapter made me reconsider and I am so glad. It is a great book. Simple and to the point, which I love. I will be joining the 5:00 Club this week. I have been a member in the past and have seen the benefits first hand. After bring baby #5 home...well, let's just say my membership has lapsed and I need to rejoin. Thank goodness the rejoining fees are free. ;o)

We are also getting ready for school to start. Really, we could have started last week. All supplies and books are bought and I am just about done with the scheduling for the day. I think the kids are getting excited even though the older two would never admit it. They keep asking questions like 'What is this going to be like' or 'What is this book about'. Great questions to start the year. I am hoping the anticipation will just build. The children in our neighborhood go back on Wed so we will officially start then.

We are also having a ice cream party for our neighborhood tonight. We have been trying to come up with a way to connect with our neighbors. We will see if this works. Who doesn't like ice cream?

Hubby is finishing up the summer stuff with the youth group and rolling right into the next school year. He is changing the direction and vision for the youth group. He is envisioning a ministry to come along parents and enrich what they are already )or should be) doing at home. This is instead of being the main spiritual trainer for the kids. This is a major change for our church. The past attitude was 'Don't try this at home...leave it to the professionals.' I think he has his work cut out for him, but this is a much more biblical form of ministry.

So, that is what is going on here in a nutshell. What's up with you?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think I am going to have to get this book....and soon.

Time management has not been my greatest achievement these days. I know I can do much better. That whole wretched 5:00 a.m. situation is very necessary for me to start a good day, but I have been on a long hiatus.....called summer break. How long can I milk that one, anyway?

Blessings as you start your school year. We aren't starting until we get back from vacation.