Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Breakfast, Neighbors and Back to School

Today went a bit better. The alarm went off at 5:20 and I was out of bed at 5:45. This is progress. I remembered that the first 10 minutes is the worst and stumbled to the kitchen for my favorite red Fiesta Ware mug and made a cup of International Coffee's French Vanilla coffee. I finished 'Shopping for Time' and started AW Tozer's
The Pursuit of God. I am also reading through Breakfast with Jesus by Greg Laurie - it's a great devotional. A morning with the Lord is wonderful.

Our ice cream party the other night went great. It started out with everyone aprehensive (including our family) and not quite sure of the whole thing but by the end of the evening we had laughter and friendships started. I am so glad we did it. We had 6 out of eight families come and they all expressed appriciation and a need to know our neighbors better. We will have to do something else like this again sometime.

As we continue to work towards 'back to school schedule' yesterday was fill the cupboards day. I think I may have a tendency to be a shopaholic because I can't tell you how wonderful it made me feel to fill our cupboards and pantry with canned and frozen goods. During the summer we eat primarily fresh veggies and fruit and grill a lot on the grill so the cupborads were bare of canned and frozen goods. I am ready to break out the stock pot and crock pot for fall. I can almost smell homemade bread baking for supper...mmmmmm...

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I am so with ya on that one...VERY ready to start the "fall" cooking with crockpot and apple pies! YUM! I know it will come soon so I want to enjoy a few more grill nights...