Friday, March 28, 2008

What is your Purse-onality?

According to "In Your Purse: Archeology of the American Handbag" by Kelly Styring, the average woman owns 10 purses and the average purse contains 67 items and weighs 3.4 pounds. For more information on this purse research you can visit www.inyourpurse.com.

Here are four purse analogies.




More Is More Better

This lady is the one who never really got over carrying the diaper bag and still wishes she had something that large. She normally has like a full snack bar and a working pharmacy down in her bag and is prepared for every situation in life.


The upside: Should you ever find yourself in jail, she'll be the only one in your group of friends with a MacGyver 7-in-1 tool to bust you out.


Basic Tiny Toter

This girl can get the whole contents of her day into seven square inches. I don't really understand this woman, but you can bet if she can do this that she's got some control issues.


She probably pays her bills ahead of time and has her sheets tucked in real tight on the corners of her bed.


The upside: Should you ever find yourselves in jail, she'll be the only one with the unlimited AMEX who can bail you out.


Serial Monogamist

She gets one purse and sticks with it for 12 years. She's the kind of person for whom you occasionally have to do what we call "a purse intervention." Now she's also loyal and if she'll stay with this purse for 12 years she'll hang with you.


The upside: Should you ever find yourself in jail, she's the only one in your group of friends who'll be out on the sidewalk holding a candlelight vigil with a sign that says, "My friend is innocent."


Purse Schizophrenic

This woman changes her purses more often than she changes her underwear. Sometimes she doesn't know how she's going to feel after lunch so she'll occasionally carry a purse inside of her purse just in case her mood changes.


The upside: If you find yourself in jail, she's normally the reason why you're there, BUT she's also the one who'll sit right there with you in that jail cell saying, "Isn't that the best fun we ever had honey?"


All that came from comedienne Anita Renfroe. I thought it was so funny. I think I am somewhere between a More is More Better and a Purse Schizophrenic. I think I have a couple of my friends picked out. Carol, I had no idea you had such control issues. If this test was correct I would have labeled you the schizophrenic (wasn't that fun?) So...what kind of purse gal are you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a very controlling schizophrenic. Whatever wild adventure got us into jail would have been my idea and I would have made you do it even though your sensible side would tell me it probably wasn't a good idea! By the way, your daughter is snoring very loudly in my bed and I can't sleep, so yes, I am lurking on blogs at 11:30 at night... ;)
~Carol(Wish I could do my sign language name for this comment)Wright

Lori said...

I used to be a "tiny-toter"(so did my backside) and then seemingly out-of-the-blue I became a "more-is-better(so is my backside...hmmm)
The conclusion:
a loss of control and the size of your purse is directly proportional to the size of your backside.
;0(

Beth said...

I am really a "More is Better" trying to live in "Tiny Toter"... it is really quite a mess.

Ginger said...

Ok, I think I must admit that I am probably the serial monogomist...sporting a tiny tot, or close to it. That is probably a bad combination. However, my excuse is always that I don't have the money to constantly be buying a new purse, I have a terrible time finding new purses that I like (just ask my daughter), and I don't want to "hurt my back" with a big bag. Therefore, I am a sm with a tt. And I'm long-winded to boot!

Katy said...

How funny!!! I think i am the same as you..in between the bigger bag and changing mine too often! LOL