Sunday, March 9, 2008

A blow to all parents



Last week the California courts ruled that it is illegal to home school your child in their state. This is not just a home school issue. According to Dr. Albert Mohler(President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary)'This is a controversy that demands the attention of all parents. After all, if parents have no constitutional right to educate their own children, what other aspects of the parent's choices for their own children lack protection? This question reaches far beyond educational decisions.'

James Dobson addressed this issue on his Friday broadcast. Dr. Dobson felt so strongly about this issue that he changed his regularly scheduled broadcast to address this issue.

This is not only a home school issue. This should be a concern to all parents just as Dr. Mohler stated. If this ruling is upheld, what might come at us later? I urge you to sign the petition with The Home school Legal Defense Assoc. You don't have to join the HSLDA or be a homeschooler, just a concerned citizen who is alarmed with this ruling.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

This is most definately alarming!!!

Lori said...

Hey Jill,
I signed the petition, too.
It is alarming but like Jean said it is not the first time a case like this has come into the light and she said that it will be overturned.
It makes me feel better anyway.
;0)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

I guess I had too many links in this post. I had a couple weird comments that had links to them. Nothing weird, just links. Probably computer generated.

Tricia said...

I signed the petition too. Scary what the world is coming. I'm so glad we all have the hope of Jesus to sustain us as we fight the good fight.

Cristie said...

It is scary. I definitely think less government in our lives is always for the better! For 99% of families ... home schooling is done correctly and with the focus of the children in mind (and is a great choice!). I will say that I have seen across my path, a family who should be moderated at some level by someone to know that the children are truly being schooled. I tend to wonder what sort of "schooling" they are receiving and would love for someone to keep this family accountable. It's that 1% that spoils it for the rest. Just as always .... there is a bad apple in every bunch!

Tracy said...

I love that picture of your family!

It is so important that we pay attention to this! I had signed this already, but thanks for linking so more can sign!

Kim said...

Love this picture!!! You guys are just too cute!