Thursday, April 2, 2009

Picture this

This has been a long week. We are on Spring Break here which for this youth pastor's family means work crew. Hubby (along with other adult volunteers) takes teams of kids to church members homes for yard clean up and projects. The members then pay the kids for their work to help pay their way to camps and other youth events. This year they got the work done in three long, hard days. Whew! The kids are exhausted. Even the 8 yo and the 11 yo went just for fun ;o)

Yesterday was super busy for me. Along with the work crew stuff going our Girls Mission group from church spent the afternoon assembling pizzas that our church members had ordered with the purpose of the monies going to a mission trip planned for 5 adults to go to Guatemala in 2 weeks. The girls assembled about 50 pizzas and raised over $650 dollars that will be used for water filtration and gospel translation boxes (called proclaimers).

I then had an interview for a job I had applied for. Fun, fun. I hate those sorts of things. (the interview process)

I awoke this morning with a smile on my face. Yesterday was over and a new day had arrived. Yea! I remembered that garbage day was today...and Ron had left town last night for a youth ministers conference so I got up to roll the cans to the street.

When what before my wondering eyes do appear? But a YARD FULL OF SPOONS sticking up our of my grass. My neighbor who was leaving for work said with a smile on her face 'I love your lawn decorations'. Nice.

I am certain that they were not intended for me. So...the children will be removing then later today.

I wish I could share a picture of this loveliness, but my computer needs some TLC and will not cooperate.

Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Jill, hey great comment by your neighbor "nice lawn ornament" LOL how funny!

The pizza fundraiser was so awesome. Thank you for all the hard work that went into that, I know Randi really enjoyed herself and it means a lot to her to be a part of helping others. Thanks again for the GA leaders! Good job !!

Beth said...

Hmmm...spoons. Back in my day we used forks... much easier to install.

kim said...

I have never heard of using eating utensils before - this is a new one.

Jamie said...

Sounds like a busy week! I hope you get to kick back and relax for the rest of spring break.