Wednesday, December 12, 2007
A Christmas Meme
This is a fun little thing. I am expecting at least 3 of you to do this on your blogs...you know who you are.
I got this over at Kim's Blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both...With a little one bags don't work so well right now.
2. Real tree or artificial? Aritficial, we got a new pre-lit tree this year. I am so happy the old one has past on.
3. When do you put up your tree? First of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. I like to be rid of the extra 'stuff' around the house aka clutter.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, and I discovered eggnog lattes at Starbucks this year...yummy.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Charlie McCarthy ventriliquist doll.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, several.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Brother in laws family.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My children.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I plead the 5th.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Only mail.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Nativity Story and Miracle on 34th street.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It is never the same year to year. This year we started at the end of October and are just about done, just a few little things left to get.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Again, I plead the 5th.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? My Mother in Law makes a breakfast bread that we call 'Bubble Loaf' that is wonderful and we look forward to every year.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells is my favorite. My daughter always plays it for me Nov-Dec as she is practicing her piano.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year I want to STAY HOME!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Vixen. Comet, and Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reighndeer of all... Rudolph the red nosed reighndeer...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Usually an angel that we purchased the first year of marriage. This year nothing on top.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning...but maybe a gift of jammies on Christmas eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Comercialism.
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? ???I don;t know.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Fiberoptic trees.
25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? I like both. Both can be done well.
26. What does Christmas mean to you? Christmas is a time to celebrate God becoming flesh! Christ left his throne and place at the Father's side to become a helpless baby in a poor, poor family - to grow up despised and rejected by men, and live a perfect life and die a sinless death in order to completely absorb all of God's wrath against my sin! Now when God looks at me, he sees me through Jesus! (This is what Loraena said...I can not say it better...so what she said!)(and I am copying it from >Kim)
Posted by Jill at 8:53 PM