Thursday, March 22, 2007

A heavy load

This is not original. I think I read this in 'Having a Mary Heart...'.

My life seems lately like a wheel barrow. As I am going through my days I am picking up rocks along the way. Some tiny, some small, some large. You get the picture. No rock in itself is that big of deal. All manageable. But when they are all loaded in one wheel barrow (aka my life) they together are too much.

So as I reflect on the pebbles and rocks I have collected I see that God did not intend for my to carry all these rocks. Some have been there long enough for a season and now they need to be put back on the path. Some are immovable and must stay. And some have had no business being there at all, yet I have willingly picked them up for various reasons. They were pretty at the time. They interested me. It seemed like a good idea. Adding baby #5 was God's plan, His idea. His plan is also for me to be obedient and a good steward with what He has given me including my time.

Looks like it is time for a little Spring cleaning.

No comments: