Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving. Perspective. Grace.


These three words have been on my mind. I am learning how they all go together.

I am not nearly as thankful as I should be. I am very happy for the people in my life, my circumstances and the material goods I have but happiness does not equal gratitude. My perspective needs to change.

Sometimes...most of the time...my focus is on the immediate. The problem. The solution. The squeaky wheel. If I could just tweak my perspective just a teeny tiny bit to see people and situations through the eyes of the One who is in control of the situations and loves the people I would have more peace in the middle and more grace.

Grace to fill the holes of all that lacks. Not because it is the final ingredient of what people, situations or me do not measure up to. Not because when all else fails grace comes in to save the day. God is not pleased with my stuff and filling in with a measure of Himself where needed. I was never meant to measure up. People, circumstances and things were never meant to fulfill. I need His grace. All of it.  It is the one and only ingredient and no matter what I have to offer grace alone is enough.  All my stuff is accepted and desired only as a love offering.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  And for that I truly am thankful.

No comments: