Monday, January 11, 2010
I am so excited to be posting my fabulous forty list. It is twice as much fun since it isn’t just me trying to tackle 40 things but doing it with friends. Some of the things I will be doing more than once. As I look over the list I see that I need to prepare and plan ahead. Having the supplies on hand will help. Maybe there is something to that old saying about how you are more likely to meet a goal if you write it down. Who knew? I also want to try to take pictures to document the fabulous forty
1. Take 1 picture everyday for one month – can’t do 365 but 30 seems do-able.
2. Learn how to take a GOOD picture/be in the pictures. I always shy away from the camera, not wanting to be photographed. I want it documented that I was here!
3. Print and complete photo collage for my living room.
4. Go on a Girls' Weekend Get-Away
5. Have a new friend over for lunch
6. Go with friends out for lunch/dinner. I foresee this in the near future…
7. Make friendships a priority by giving them time to cultivate.
8. Read through the New Testament in a new-for-me-version, I am going to use The Message.
9. Try a new vegetable in the garden. Kohlrabi? Cabbage? And then keep up on the garden
10. Plant an herb garden and actually use the herbs.
11. Plant a tree (or two) in my front yard
12. Make raspberry jam from my own raspberries. I am planning for a bounty of raspberries!
13. Can something: maybe tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, applesauce, or peaches.
14. Learn how to make a piece of jewelry I would be proud to wear, I have an idea and it involves resin.
15. Take a friend a meal for no reason.
16. Have a family over for dinner
17. Send a cards when I see someone needs encouragement. Note to self: have cards on hand.
18. Go on an overnight trip with Ron
19. Make Ron’s birthday special (40) May
20. Make Emma’s birthday special (17) December
21. Make Eli’s birthday special (14) September
22. Make Eden’s birthday special (13) February
23. Make Eva’s birthday special (9) May
24. Make Ella’s birthday special (4) February
25. Remember my friends birthdays with a little token, already working on this one.
26. Take a Community Ed. Class. Maybe cooking, self defense, or couponing ?
27. Exercise for 30 minutes a day/5 days a week for one month. Just got a stationary bike so excuses about the weather are no more.
28. Hike Badger Mt.
29. Take a picture of the same thing in each of the 4 seasons
30. Laugh out loud with some good friends. I think this one needs to be done more than once.
31. Read a good fiction book (I never read fiction) Ron bought me Scared for Christmas.
32. Throw a themed dinner party. Not too fancy or involved but lots of fun!
33. Treat myself to a pedicure…hopefully with friends.
34. Paint a piece of furniture with Jamie.
35. Paint Eva and Ella’s bedroom.
36. Paint the girls bathroom a fun color.
37. Learn to sew something, maybe a pillow or apron
38. Make the flower arrangement that I have been thinking about for 3 YEARS
39. Put a little more effort into my appearance…maybe highlights? Definitely work on keeping my nails manicured.
40. Only buy flattering clothes I love to wear.
So there you go. Thank you Jamie for being fabulous with me!