Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vacation


Ginny at My Cup to Yours is hosting Talkin' About Thursdays. This week the topic is vacations.

My vacations have been rather limited I must say. No yearly vacations to Maratha's Vineyard, Hawaii, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Switzerland, Austrailia, or Disneyland. Our yearly vacations have been mostly to either the mountains or to the beach. That is what happens when vacation funds are limited ;o) I have been to Hawaii, so don't feel too sorry for me. And it was great!

Our vacations are family time away to reconnect and build memories. And really the place just doesn't matter all that much. It would be great to take the kids to some fabulous exotic place, but connecting with the kids and my husband can be done anywhere. I think my favorite family vacation has been Klammath Falls, Oregon. It is a beautiful place in the mountains. We had a great time! We also enjoy going to the beach on the Oregon Coast.


3 comments:

Genny said...

Family time to get away and connect... those are the best kind of vacations!

So glad you joined me today!

Genny

Rhonda Moon said...

Those are my favorite kind vacations.

Wendi said...

You need a good long vacation soon! Where would you want to go?