Wednesday, December 23, 2009



To you and your family! May this New Year bring lots of blessings! I dare you to show your loved ones an extra portion of love this holiday. Make 'em a cup of coffee, have lunch with your friends (hint, hint), make a phone call, allow yourself to be in the Christmas pictures, read that extra book, do a little sewing, make pancakes for breakfast and add some chocolate chips, show some extra patience and give a little hug.

Savor the next days because before we know it, it will be January 4th and time to get back to it. Ugh, the thought is daunting. So enjoy! I know I am going to. I am having lunch today with a far away friend who is visiting family along with a close by friend that always brings me a smile. I can't wait!

We have been unpacking our stockings for the 10 days prior to Christmas to make it last a bit longer. Today I unpacked a griddle. Not really a stocking gift...more like a hint to make pancakes...so off I go! Showin' love to my family one pancake at a time.

5 comments:

mholgate said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family also!

Unpacking the stocking one day at a time sounds fun! I think our kids are going to be positively overwhelmed at all the gifts under the tree this year with my DH's entire family coming over. We'll have to open gifts in shifts!

May you be filled with the Peace of Christ this Christmas, and always,

-Melissa

Jeanine said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Ten days of stocking stuffers? Fun! My kids are anxiously awaiting gift opening tonight with Scott's parent's, tomorrow morning and then again tomorrow afternoon with my family! PLUS...we got a SIGNIFICANT amount of snow last night...more to come this afternoon...and more to come tonight. It's not supposed to quit until Friday evening. So that "Dreaming of a White Christmas"...it happened in Minnesota!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jamie said...

Love the stocking idea...how fun! I can't imagine making pancakes for your family without a griddle, so I think a griddle is the perfect stocking stuffer.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your family and eat lots of pancakes.

Jill said...

Did I mention I hate pancakes? I don't think my family even realizes that small fact. I wonder if they connect the fact that I never eat them...I eat toast instead? I think they are all too busy enjoying their pancakes and syrup to notice ;o)

Carol said...

Jill that reminds me how one day as adults we "kids" found out that our Mom does not care for corn. REALLY? It was all our favorite veggie and we ate it A LOT and not a one of us noticed that Mom passed the dish right on by.... Although eating toast instead of pancakes seems like it would be MUCH more noticable than a side dish of corn.... ;)

Love ya and miss ya friend!