Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Resolutions and new starts


All things seem to be circling around school starting back up again. Boxes of books are arriving here at the house for the four older kiddos and the preschool is starting to buzz with activity that signals preparation for lots of little ones. I love the preparation for back to school. Clean binders and notebooks, fresh paper, new pencils, new crayons, new glue. It is a great excuse for a little spending spree. It all goes to a good cause, right? We need all this stuff, right?

That being said back to school has been just about all that has been on my mind. I was able to focus last week in the mornings for VBS but the afternoons were full of preschool prep. I am really looking forward to this school year. Lots of new adventures to have. New friendships to build. Old friendships to revitalize. New things to learn.

September is just as good as January for me as far as new starts. I don't know about you but I am ready for some newness. After all I am a new creation. Start creating, Lord!

Status...
Sitting - At the computer.

Drinking - Nothing...maybe I should start?

Thinking - about something interesting to post.

Wishing - for something brilliant to come to mind.

Imagining - myself 10 lbs thinner...

Dreading - going to the grocery store.

Needing - To do a load of laundry

Anticipating - getting into the routine of the school year.

2 comments:

kim said...

I'm wishing your wish too! :)

Wendi said...

Great post, I too am looking forward to the new school year. To get back into a routine. I just wish I was as organized as you...LOL